Co-founder & Creative Director, The IF List
March 2013 – September 2016
With over 150,000 registered users, The Imagine Film List – www.iflist.com – was the world’s largest crowd-sourcing platform for movie ideas based on books, comics, real events and other sources.
- Collaborated with partners to develop and maintain the website and help guide its direction on a conceptual, strategic and artistic level
- Served as The IF List’s principal designer, working to plan and organize new features, create page layouts, craft the site’s unique visual look and translate the brand across all media.
- Lead creative marketing and branding initiatives; designed and directed email campaigns; created ads and promotional materials; wrote copy
- Helped drive traffic to the site through outreach to authors, actors and agents; responsible
for acquiring 12,000+ registered users from Wattpad.com alone
- Managed customer requests on a regular basis, correct errors, and ensured that standards of quality were met
Freelance Writer, Norwegian Cruise Lines/ Daedelus Designs
August – October 2013
Worked on Norwegian’s Illusionarium, a fictional steampunk “Museum of Magic,” and enhanced the exhibit through imagination and storytelling. Developed backstories to support artifacts on display. Wrote copy for museum-style placards.
Creative Consultant, Noel Spangler
July 2010 – March 2013
Provided creative services to small organizations and start-ups, including branding and marketing strategy, advertising, logo design, and generation of names and taglines.
Freelance Product Designer, Action Pak, inc.
August – November 2010
• Played a key role in the re-design of two consumer products, including a children’s lunch pack and a food service aid
• Identified problems with function and usability and devised cost-effective solutions to those problems
• Made detailed mechanical drawings and illustrations to support manufacturing process
Freelance Illustrator, Scribble Town
October 2009 – September 2010
Created original illustrations for an art-themed website and craft worksheets. Contributed to concept development and web page design. Proofread documents and helped prepare and format files for print.
Photo Assistant, Frank Ritter Photography
April 2004 – September 2009
Provided post-production services to a professional architectural/ interior photographer. Managed a variety of photo editing and retouching jobs requiring a high attention to detail. Organized files and helped prepare photo presentations for clients.
Logo Designer, Speed Dating Enterprises
September – November 2008
Designed and developed the logos for two speed dating companies in New York City for use on web site and collateral materials.
Toy Design/ Work Study, Fisher-Price Brands
October – December 2007
• Led a group research and design project on the topic of “Connectivity” and presented on behalf of the group to a team of executives at Fisher Price headquarters in New York.
• Received recognition for innovative thinking and presentation skills.
Freelance Screenwriter, Niolan Entertainment
September – November 2003
Co-wrote ten 12-minute episodes of a 3D animated children’s series for DVD.
Audience Coordinator, ABC Network
June – August 2001
Worked on the set of the popular game show “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?” with Regis Philbin.
Pratt Institute, M.I.D., Product Design, 2005 – 2008
Vassar College, B.A., Film, 1998 – 2002
Gotham Writers Workshop, Advanced Fiction Course, June – Aug 2010
- Admitted to an elite pool of Idea Generators with Fahrenheit 212, a top branding agency in NYC (2008)
- Sandwich Chair featured in Prattfolio, Pratt Institute’s annual design magazine (2008)
- Placed in top 1000 out of 35,000 screenplay entries in Project Greenlight screenwriting contest (2003)
- Received Governor’s Scholastic Achievement Award (1998)